Thursday, January 10, 2008

Less than a Pundit

According to Wikipedia.com, "A pundit is someone who offers mass-media opinion, analysis or commentary on a particular subject area (most typically political analysis, the social sciences or sport), on which they are presumed to be knowledgeable." While I am not a real pundit, I will play the part since I do have an opinion about what we should consider during this election season. I think that we should re-elect Jesus Christ King. I remember several years ago while living in Indiana before an election, I was driving along when I read an election sign that said re-elect Jesus Christ King. It seems that this is the most important issue facing America, and the American Church. This is because it is a to elect a president since nobody knows for sure whether or not the person who is elected will do what is best for the people. It is amazing that Americans are seeking safety, having thier needs met, health care, equality for all, laws that will legislate tolerance for all, and etc. I don't think that there is a candidate out there who can acheive this. However, Jesus Christ can. Some may wonder what Christ can do and why is this even an opinion that needs to be heard. It needs to be heard since He can write the law of love upon our hearts. He can give eternal life to those who believe in Him and serve Him. He can intervene when we need Him the most; as He did by giving His life for ous sins. He can help us treat each other properly. This means that He is well qualified to be our leader. As a pundit, I hope that you will think about electing the right leader for your life.

No comments: